14.11.09

Bananagrams and Diet Pepsi?

This is a good story. :)

So my friend and I, whom I will call "Din", are hanging out at the Acoustic Cafe. I breezed through my soda with dinner, because I was hungry and thirsty after a grueling three hour rehearsal with the church praise band. There I was, no soda in my glass, and I was very sad. But Din offered me fifty cents (that's two quarters), the price of a refill. I approached the counter, ordered my refill of regular Pepsi, and paid with my (Din's) fifty cents (that's two quarters).

But when I returned to the table, the soda tasted fishy. It was bubbly, a type of bubbly that distorts the mind of all previous bubbly sensations. And it made me wonder: is this Diet Pepsi?! After sipping about a tenth of the glass, I determined it was not diet.

I hypothesized that the soda was running low, so I was tasting that icky fountain stuff. My hypothesis was correct. I got my actual Pepsi refill, and all was well.

Even though it was well received when the glass of real Pepsi came, it has sat, half unfinished, for the remainder of the evening. That's fifty cents (two quarters) only half spent. Good thing I found a quarter (that's twenty-five cents) laying on the floor in front of the register. :)

And then we played Bananagrams. :)

No comments: