2.12.09

New Goal?

I'm working on filling up a book of staff paper I've had floating around forever. I'm writing out every little music related blip in my head in order to use up the space. Why? Because I want a new book of staff paper.

Here's my reason: the book I have has 10 stave pages. This means, unless you only score for a single part, a duet, a quintet or a ten part ensemble, you're going to have unused lines at the bottom of your page. While it may not annoy you, it does annoy me. I'm looking at purchasing a book with 12 stave pages. I am not a big math person, but even I know that 12 is divisible by more numbers than 1o.

What I have liked about this book is that the paper is nice and sturdy. And, for all you environmentalists out there, it's made out of recycled paper and the lines are printed with soy ink. I didn't purchase it for this reason seven years ago (or whenever I bought it), but I do like how well it is made.

In any case, I'm trying to fill up this book as fast as I can. I have the ideas to fill it with, ones that I just haven't written down yet. I guess it's about time they find their way to paper anyway. And since both of my Finale programs are more or less nonfunctional, I may as well have fun doing it the old fashioned way.

Enough about all this. I'll save you all from any more ramblings. Until another day!

No comments: